“I fell into the burning ring of fire…” – Johnny Cash
If you’re a resident of Tennessee, you’re probably already aware of the gorgeous nature of the state. With beautiful scenery no matter which way you travel, you’re surrounded by nature and all the beautiful places you can find off the beaten path. If you’re interested in exploring the state, whether you’re a resident or not, you’ll find amazing landscapes and a rich history when you travel the Tennessee Ring of Fire Trail.
About The Trail
The Tennessee Ring of Fire Trail consists of 109 stops. At the stops? A wide array of historic and unique points of interest. If you’re an explorer, playing Pokémon Go, or geocaching, you’ll love traveling around the state finding fun and exciting locations to show your friends. Make a weekend of it!
Points of Interest
Some of the points of interest along the trail include the following:
- Nashville Farmers Market – Stop by and visit local farmers and grab a bite of fresh produce.
- Port Royal State Historic Park – This is an official site on the Trail of Tears National Historic Trail.
- Red River Canoe – Enjoy this outdoor activity as you experience a journey down the Red River.
- Bell Witch Cave & Canoe Rental – Here, you and your friends can take a tour of the eerie Bell Witch Cave, learning about the legend along the way.
- Ryman Auditorium – The former home of the Grand Ole Opry, this historic church is not to be missed!
- Downtown Nashville Visitor Center – Learn some more history of the city here!
- Fort Nashborough – Gain some historical knowledge when you visit this site.
- Dale Hollow Dam – Take a fishing trip to this popular spot!
In addition to these points of interest on the trail, you can find the following nearby:
- Promised Land
- Old Tennessee
- Screaming Eagle
- The Jack Trail
- Nashville’s Trace
- Tennessee River
As you can see, as you explore the Tennessee Ring of Fire Trail, you’re certain to fall down a rabbit hole, into an extraordinary Wonderland filled with surprises!
You might also like: Take A Day Trip To Franklin
While in the Area
After you’ve spent some time traveling the Tennessee Ring of Fire Trail, be sure to visit Alexander Chevrolet Buick GMC. At our dealership, we offer an extensive inventory filled with numerous makes and models. After all, you’re going to need a dependable and spacious ride to get you and your family around the great state!
You’ll find our dealership conveniently located at 2211 Hwy 46 South, Dickson, TN 37055 which means residents of Fairview, Brentwood, and Mt Juliet are just a short drive away. Once you arrive, our friendly team of experts will gladly show you around, fill you in on our specials, and let you take a test drive. We look forward to seeing you soon.